Individual R&D incentive systems
Support for industrial research and experimental development activities.
Incentives for projects with industrial research and experimental development activities that lead to the creation of new products, processes or systems, or that lead to significant improvements in demanding products, processes or systems.
Applications for this program are currently closed.
Would you like to be notified about a new opening date?
Increase R&D - Research and Innovation in companies and its economic value.
Increase cooperative projects and activities of companies with the other R&D system entities.
Develop new products and services, particularly in more knowledge and technology-intensive activities.
Reinforce initiatives for the economic valorization of successful R&D projects.
Increase Portuguese participation in international R&D programs and initiatives.
More information on how to access these incentives
Enterprises of any nature and under any legal form.
Non-refundable incentive (INR) up to 1M€ per beneficiary (from 1M€: 75% non-refundable and 25% refundable).
Base rate 25% up to (ESB cap – gross grant equivalent):
- Industrial research projects: 80%.
- Experimental development projects: 60%.
- Companies investing in the NUTS II Lisbon region: the maximum incentive rate to be attributed to the projects is 40%.
- Companies investing in the NUTS II Algarve region: the maximum incentive rate to be attributed to the projects is 62%.
Semester installments, 7 years with 3 years grace period (no interest).
- You can consult the specifics of Individual R&D in articles 59 to 80 of the Portaria n.º 57-A/2015
- The last notice opened for this measure was no. 34/SI/2018 R&DT Incentive System – Individual Projects, which you can consult to prepare future applications.
- Guidelines to support the instruction of payment requests | SI I&DT
- Validation of Payment Requests | Checklist
FIND OUT MORE
Line of support for the companies’ production systems
Support for industrial property rights stemming from R&D projects.
Support to create or reinforce the skills of dedicated R&D structures.