Usability and digital accessibility - Public services
Digital is for everyone. As simple as that. Hence the certification of websites and applications that enable an intuitive, fast, and barrier-free experience for citizens, regardless of whether or not they have disabilities.
WHAT IS IT?
Initiative that promotes the adoption of best practices in user experience. The goal is for public applications and websites to respond to user needs, minimizing user frustrations and eliminating barriers for citizens with disabilities.
This measure involves:
- Promotion of the Accessibility and Usability Statement
- Obtaining the Usability and Accessibility Seal
- Awareness of usability and accessibility requirements
- Promote best practices for content design
- Partnerships with civil society entities for promoting best practices in user experience
- Coordinate with public funding program managers the guarantees of usability and accessibility in order to encourage the projects’ outcomes to be funded
- Public Administration Entities
- Make online public services simpler and more intuitive to use
- Eliminate barriers that prevent citizens with disabilities – and interaction with computer or mobile device via assistive technologies – from accessing services and information on the Internet
12 WEBSITES WITH USABILITY AND ACCESSIBILITY SEAL | IN 954 SITES
IN DIRECT STATE ADMINISTRATION
(UPDATED OCTOBER 26, 2021)
Check to what extent your site complies with good accessibility practices
Need help getting the Usability and Accessibility Seal? Check out the Kit that guides you through this journey
Certify your business in accessibility
FIND OUT MORE
An online platform that provides access to information and services and facilitates interaction between citizens, companies, and the State.
Digitalização dos 25 serviços públicos
Access online public services simply and intuitively.
Seal Ecosystem measures
Learn what is required to apply for the Usability and Accessibility Seal.